List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] RE: sidewinder g2 reports
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-08-05 22:16:07

Ensure that the auditdbd service is running:

   cf server status auditdbd

I have 6.0.0.1 and find that the GUI shows that its running but the
command-line shows its disabled so I have to restart the server every so
often by disabling the server in the GUI and restarting it (or do it CL).

Also look in /var/log to see if you are generating the reports.  They should
all start with audit.raw.<date starting>.<date ending>.gz

Once when I rebuilt the Sidewinder and applied the config, there were a few
files that are supposed to send the reports to ROOT but they never were
emailed.  The aliases files types were pointing to the wrong burb.  The
files are aliases and aliases.db in /etc and look like this:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    843 Apr 27 15:31 mta2:file aliases
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  32768 Jul 30 08:38 mta2:file aliases.db

MTA2 denotes burb two is where emails are sent to.  After the rebuild it
defaulted to mta1 which was our outside interface and I had to chtype the
files to MTA2.

Hope this is a good start.

 Jp Cleary
 Network Engineer
 Clark County Credit Union--Las Vegas, NV

Message: 1