List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] G2 Sendmail error
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-07-17 17:06:44

Do an MX record lookup for hotmail.com from the inside the network and from the \
firewall and see what you get.  You can use the following commands on a windows box  \
nslookup  set type=mx
	hotmail.com

You should get a list of Hotmail mail servers.  The error that you are getting is \
saying that when the firewall does this same lookup it is getting pointed back to \
itself.  Sounds to me that there is a problem in your named.conf.[iu] files or in \
your zone records.  Have you done anything to modify the sendmail.cf files?  What \
about customizations of the named.conf files?