List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] Re: PLEASE HELP sidewinder problem
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-04-18 14:51:38

You might want to try the "set id-mode ike subnet"
command on the Netscreen.

In my VPNs from Sidewinder to Netscreen, the
netscreens are set to "set ike id-mode subnet".

You may also need to set "unset ike policy-checking"
on the Netscreen.

From the Netscreen docs

"
set id-mode { ike ip | subnet }

Defines the IKE ID mode in the Phase 2 exchange as
either a host (IP) address or a gateway (subnet). If you
choose ip, no Phase 2 ID is sent. If you choose subnet,
proxy Phase 2 IDs are sent. (Use IP when setting up a
VPN tunnel between a NetScreen device and a
CheckPoint 4.0 device. Otherwise, use the subnet
option.)
"

- Jim McDonald