List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] FW: VPN
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-04-03 15:34:54

Hi.

I have a quick question. I'm currently using Sidewinder 5.2.07 with
Softremote 8.0.1.

A few employees are working from home via the VPN. They all have cable
modems and a linksys router. They also have a different inside subnet for
me to be able to tell them apart. In my VPN configuration, I'm using
aggressive mode with the IP Address as the identification. I created
identities for each subnet in the sidewinder that match the inside subnets
of those clients.

Now, one of them needs to travel so I can't use the IP address for the "My
identity" section since he will be using dial-up. I tried to create an
identity with an email address instead and set that in the client but it
doesn't seem to work. Do I need to change something else? Maybe create an
identity with the 0.0.0.0/0 subnet or change the client from aggressive
mode to standard mode. I don't know what to change without preventing the
others from connecting.

Thanks