List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] Possible stealth connection attack
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-03-02 23:12:50

My guess is that these are probably innocuous, and represent browsers
killing connections with RST after sending SYN, but no data transfer begins.

We see something else curious on one of our addresses -- attempts to send
our DNS server a packet before a SYN (possibly even a fragment) about 6 to
10 of these a day, all from bt.net .

JRJ