List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] Difference Between Clustering and Failover
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-02-20 7:59:43

You need two licenses, both with failover, the cluster license is an offer by Secure to obtain a second license for the half price.

> Can someone explain the difference between the
> clustering and failover licensing options for the
> Sidewinder firewall?
>
> We need a firewall to ask as a hot backup to our main
> firewall, that is if the main firewall goes down the
> backup automatically comes up and continues
> operations.
>
> I have talked with a some people that say the
> clustering and failover licenses are required to do
> this, and others that say only the failover license is
> required.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

           Klaus Gröger
---
Klaus Groeger               Abacom GmbH & Co KG
fon: +49-5271-967-120       Konrad-Zuse-Str. 1
fax: +49-5271-967-267       37671 Hoexter
mail: support@abacom.net    Germany