List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] StrikeBack
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2002-12-09 23:56:36

For ignoring events from certain IP and/or burbs, the best way I can think
of, would be an ipfilter discard.
It just drops the traffic before it goes up the stack to the application
layer,
so it's not logged, nada.

This is handy for traffic such as netbios.  You know the traffic is hitting,
it's not (usually) malicious, just drop the stuff and clean up your logs.

Read up on ipfilter - the discard is quite handy.
You can also do discards through a strikeback, so that after a certain # of
events, it will just discard the traffic, but unless you REALLY need to know
what's going on, why not ease up on the logging, etc and do it with
ipfilter.