List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] VPN problem between three sidewinder
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2002-10-18 15:09:23

Hello List,

we do have a problem with VPN and three Sidewinder. Attached you can find
an ASCII graphic for our scenario. The problem is, when we make a VPN between
LAN A (Sidewinder A) and LAN B (Sidewinder B) everything is okay, that
means normal working, but when we want to work in LAN C (over Sidewinder C)
we got a complete "slow down"  on the session to LAN C and on the solaris
systems in LAN C. We do have this behave in two customer scenarios. At the
second  customer there is no Cluster/Fail-over Sidewinder (Sidewinder C), but
same "slow down" behavior.

Does anybody know a solution on that?

Best regards...

Olaf Otahal

Diese Mail und die Dateianlagen wurden vom Absender mit
Norman Virus Control (NVC) auf Computerviren geprüft.

Atelion GmbH
Beratungsgesellschaft fuer Software-,
Internet- und Sicherheitstechnologien

Papenstrasse 27
22089 Hamburg - Germany
Tel.: +49 40 251522 0
Fax:  +49 40 251522 99
eMail: info@atelion.de
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Olaf Otahal
Amtsgericht Hamburg HR 65 876

Atelion GmbH ist der neue Name von Thales Communication GmbH

----------------------- C U T  H E R E -------------------

                         _______________________
                                        |     Internet         |
      _________________________________ |                      |
      |                             |______________________|
      |                                   |                   |
      |                                   |                   |
      |                                   |                   |
      |                                   |                   |
      |       ___VPN Tunnel____           |                   |
  ______________               |          |                   |
  | Sidewinder |               |          |                   |
  |    A       |               |          |               ____|____________
  |____________|              _|__________|__           __|________
___|_______
      |                       |  Sidewinder |           |Sidewinder|
|Sidewinder|
      |                       |     B       |           |C Master  |   |C Slave
|
      |                       |_____________|           |no VPN    |_  |no VPN
|-|         _________
      |                                   |             |_____|____| |
|___|______| |         |  LAN  |
  ____|_________                          |                   |______|_____|
|---------|   C   |
  |   LAN      |                          |                  /       |
|         |       |
  |    A       |                          \                 /
|______________|         |_______|
  |____________|                           \               /

                             \_____________/                                |

      |                                      |  LAN     |

      |                                      |   B      |
_________
      |                                                             |Solaris |

|Server  |
  |   Client  |