List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] (no subject)
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2002-10-10 1:20:00

This was done on identical system.  I.E. NICs, drives, processors, etc.
I have never tried the level 0 restore to different hardware
configuration.  I think you would have difficulties restoring to a
different configuration.  I am now setting up the firewall to clone to
an online spare so this does not repeat itself.  If online fails all
that has to be changed are some routing statements which are easier than
what we have went through accomplishing this.

Chris Glenny

--------------------

Two items that jump out at me, although I haven't read the entire thread
to know if they've been mentioned, is that:

1. If this is a 5.x box, the licensing is tied to the MAC address of one
of the NICs in the first machine, and;

2. Have you cleared the arp cache on the boundary routers after making
the switch? It would seem from your statement about connecting from the
Sidewinder that this is not an issue, but depending on the make/model of
your routers it could be.

Those are just the first two that pop into my head. Hope they help!

BTW, I tend to not open or answer emails with no subject, which is why I
didn't read the rest of the thread (curiosity got the best of me
though).

Cheers!
Mickey Olsberg