List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Windows GUI Bug Confirmation
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2002-08-28 18:28:38

I recently reported a bug I am encountering in the Windows GUI to Secure =
Computing.  I'd like to know if anyone else is able to reproduce the bug.

Problem

Using the Windows GUI I am able to delete built in proxies, specifically =
the RTSP proxy.  I was able to do this in Sidewinder 5.2.0.02 with GUI 1.7 =
and in Sidewinder 5.2.1.04 with GUI 1.11.  This cannot be done from the =
GUI on the Sidewinder.

How to

Using the Windows GUI, select the RTSP proxy.  Note that the delete button =
is grayed out.  Now hover the mouse pointer over the plus sign "+" to the =
left of the RTSP proxy name (this assumes you have the proxy enabled on at =
least one burb).  After about 5 seconds the delete button will become =
active.  Click the delete button and attempt to delete the proxy.

If you are able to delete the proxy, it can be restored by either leaving =
the proxies window and then returning (you will be prompted to restore =
from /etc/sidewinder/proxy/rtspp.conf.bak) or by manually copying the =
rtspp.conf.bak file to rtspp.conf (verify type enforcement and permissions)=
.

Regards,

Charles Johnson
Denmac Systems