List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] Sendmail & smtp proxy
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2002-08-15 0:54:02

 > Alias IP already added and it is  .119. How can I bind smtp -proxy if
 > sendmail is also listening on the same smtp port. How would  he know that on
 > the .119 IP I need smpt-proxy, but not sendmail. Because  sendmail runs on
 > Utrusted burb and intercepts all alias IPs smtp ports. Am I right?

You can restrict the listening address of sendmail by changing the line

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA, M=f')dnl

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA, M=f, Addr=n.n.n.123')dnl

in /etc/sidewinder/sendmail/sidewinder.<Untrusted>.mc,

followed by "cf sendmail rebuild".

Then you can enable smtp-proxy on the <Untrusted> burb.
An acl for the proxy can restrict the address to
n.n.n.119.

I don't know
 - whether this feature will be retained in the future releases.
 - whether it is compatible to the GUI SMTP mode scheme.
 - whether the NoProxyConn option described in sendmail(8) man
   page is able to give you better solution or not.

Tsuneaki Takeda,
Net One Systems, Co.,Ltd. Japan.