List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] RE: Using RADIUS Group Attributes on Sidewinder
From:       adamt () clearview ! co ! uk
Date:       2001-11-23 9:04:26

I would whole heartedly support the postings made with regard to Alex's
comments on Secure Computing support.  By and large I think it's
excellent, and I have had several experiences where they have gone way
beyond the call of duty.  However it did strike me that no one actually
answered Alex's final question....

> On the serious note though, did somebody ever figure out what backend
= Authentication system can be
> used to provide group-based permissions on = the Sidewinder (i.e..
Different content filtering
> permissions depending on = users' group membership)???

To set-up different content filtering permissions you will have to use
either Sidewinders internal user database, or Secure Computing's own
Safeword product.  We have a number of customers using Safeword 5.2 for
precisely this purpose, and I have just set-up a customer with Safeword
PLUS too.

Adam Thompson