List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] Cert management
From:       "O.Reeh" <security () recomp ! de>
Date:       2001-10-17 7:18:05

I had the same problems and after some testing switched to openssl,
building my own CA with it. With my own CA I'm able to choose the expiration
I want
and if I ever deside to expire it before the "official" deadline, I simply
create a CRL.

There are some nice other programs around openssl who provide a nice
(web based) gui around it (pyca for example), but you really don't have to
use them.
A few shell scripts will do the same job.

Another product could be SafeWord Premier Access / Safeword Plus but I
havent tested
it yet.

Btw the cert mgr in Cobra displays the lifetime if you choose the
certificate and choose export to screen.

Regards

Oliver

recomp GmbH Netzwerke & Systemberatung
Oliver Reeh          e-mail: oliver.reeh @ recomp.de
Querstrasse 2        phone : +49 2664 9953-33
56479 Rehe, Germany  fax   : +49 2664 9953-22