List:       shrew-vpn-help
Subject:    [vpn-help] PSK stored in clear?
From:       jernej's-shrew () eternallybored ! org (=?utf-8?Q?Jernej_Simon=C4=8Di=C4=8D?=)
Date:       2012-09-09 23:40:08

On Sunday, September 9, 2012, 23:04:16, DJ DeanT wrote:

> My concern on this matter is that I would want to export the settings
> and send to a third party for them to VPN in using this software, but I
> wouldn't necessarily want them to be gain access to the PSK.

If they're able to use the PSK, they're able to read it - it's as
simple as that. If you don't want to share the PSK, you'll have to use
certificates for authentication instead.

--
< Jernej Simon?i? ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Internal consistency is valued more highly than efficiency.
       -- Peter's Inversion