List:       shrew-vpn-help
Subject:    [vpn-help] Store connection settings
From:       kvpn () live ! com (Kevin VPN)
Date:       2011-09-08 3:06:43

On 09/06/2011 12:59 PM, Javier Minero Escobar wrote:

> I have several laptops which are lend to my users. Each user logs in with its \
> domain credentials and then take the laptop on the road. The trouble here is that \
> it seems that the VPN client stores VPN connection information on each user's \
> profile, and hence, has forced our IT support team to configure the VPN settings \
> every time a new user logs on.
> Is there any way to centrally store the VPN settings? Is there any way to automate \
> the settings through a windows policy?

Hi Javier,

I think this question has been asked a few times already on the list.
Unfortunately, I believe the answer is no, there is no way to centrally
store the VPN settings.

If you're really good at registry-foo, you might be able to extract the
user-specific registry settings for Shrew and make that into a .reg file
that is loaded into each user's profile at domain login.

If you do such a thing, please post the details to the list, as I think
multiple people would be interested.