List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Ex: Shibboleth and openLDAP
From:       "Paul B. Henson via users" <users () shibboleth ! net>
Date:       2024-02-28 4:46:05

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 10:48:54PM +0000, Lipscomb, Gary via users wrote:

> If any are running openldap on RHEL8 where are you sourcing the
> software from, openldap.org, Symas, LDAP Tool Box etc,  and  are you
> self-supporting or getting paid support?

We use the Symas provided free yum repo for openldap under RHEL 8. Even
if you do find a version included in the base OS, you'd be much better
off running the Symas one, as it will always be the latest version. The
openldap developers strongly recommend against running servers using the
OS bundled packages as they're generally out of date with many bugs.

OMG, yah, the version in the codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms
repo is 2.4.46. The entire 2.4 train has been EOL since 9/2021. The last
released 2.4 version was 2.4.59.

The current LTS version is 2.5.17, the latest feature release version is
2.6.7. I believe 2.7 will be released this year, becoming the new
feature release, and 2.6 will become the next LTS...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.cpp.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@cpp.edu