List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: require sources for opensaml 1.1
From:       Brent Putman via users <users () shibboleth ! net>
Date:       2023-08-17 17:14:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 8/17/23 7:39 AM, Anderegg Lucas, Bedag wrote:

> Due to many bad decisions in the past I am asking now for 18 year old
> source code I guess ^^

We've probably all been there at some point...

But seriously, you do realize that this code should absolutely not be
used for any "real" or production purpose, right?

At the very least, it's going to be full of security vulnerabilities,
having not been updated in 2 decades.  (Not to mention it only supports
SAML 1, not SAML 2. And the cryptographic stuff is probably mostly or
entirely algorithms that have long since been deprecated due to weakness.)

> Any advices on how to properly build opensaml 1.1 using the proper
> Ant build are very welcome.

You generally just unpack the source, cd into the source directory and
run the ant (Linux, MacOS) or ant.bat (Windows) script, which by
default will execute the full build and dist targets.  Out of curiosity
I just ran it on MacOS under a modern Java, and somewhat surprisingly
it worked without any errors. Don't know if Windows would be as successful.

If you're new to Java, be aware that ant isn't used much anymore for
building Java software projects.

If this discussion needs to be more detailed, should probably move it
the the dev list.