List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Use of eventId in unsolicited for MFA flow
From:       "Cantor, Scott via users" <users () shibboleth ! net>
Date:       2023-08-15 13:14:06

> Is there a possibility, to encode this signal into an unsolicited URL to skip the
> UI selection step?

Not in any direct sense. Building an inbound interceptor flow and/or a Java filter or \
something along those lines provides access to the original request and we (and SWF) \
provide many different mechanisms for saving off data that could be used later in the \
implementation of your logic to do something based on it, but that's about it.

Another trick I have used is overloading the target parameter to carry additional \
information, since that's already exposed as the RelayState value. That's probably \
the simplest way, though it's a little bit iffy design-wise. I don't generally want \
to see unsolicited SSO rely on target anyway as that's inappropriate (if an SP needs \
a state token, it damn well should support the standard and make its own requests).

-- Scott

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \