List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    RE: Ex: Re: SSPCPP-961
From:       "Paul B. Henson" <henson () cpp ! edu>
Date:       2023-03-09 2:04:18

Done.

> I simply didn't have the time to keep arguing with the guy about it, but I did
> warn him that at the first sign of trouble, it was getting pulled.

Doesn't Jira have a "CLOSED WONTFIX" option :)? Dunno. It's not like the installation \
instructions didn't call it out, but on the other hand, how many Windows \
administrators are going to go back and tune up ACLs by hand after they double-click \
the installer?

If random authenticated users can in general access your server you're in a bad \
situation to begin with. The primary thing I could see happening with this is if \
somebody got a remote compromise with low privileges they could potentially escalate \
by doing this, but on the other hand, depending on the patch level of the server, \
they would have quite the menu of bundled vulnerabilities to choose from.

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \