List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Exclude EntityID from MDQ lookup
From:       Christopher Bongaarts via users <users () shibboleth ! net>
Date:       2023-03-06 20:04:49

On 3/6/2023 1:39 PM, Miles, Ryan via users wrote:
> Is there any way to exclude certain EntityIDs from an MDQ lookup?

The metadata providers are queried in order, so an entity ID exists in a
provider previous to your MDQ sources, there will be no need to query it.

In our setup, our bilateral peers' metadata file is listed before our
InCommon MDQ provider, so only entity IDs that are not present in the
former will be queried in the latter.

--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%  cab@umn.edu          %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%