List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Custom flow with selection UI
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2021-11-22 21:50:27

On 11/22/21, 4:42 PM, "users on behalf of Cristiano Palazzi" \
<users-bounces@shibboleth.net on behalf of cristianopalazzi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I know this kind of implementation typically doesn't work in this way, but I \
> tried because I thought that the external mechanism could help in some way.

That's physically impossible. The only code that can set the request attributes is \
the code operating in the container/context. Servlet request attributes only exist \
within that session and for the life of that web request. That's just how things work \
in Java-based webapps. The actual redirect could be remoted to some degree and then \
relayed back to the client (which you aren't doing apparently) but the attributes \
have to be set locally for the login mechanism to work.

If your API doesn't return sufficient information (at least a name, but typically \
some other details) to set the request attributes necessary, than it's not usable as \
a back-end, regardless of what your calling code is doing.

-- Scott

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \