List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    RE: Extracting multi value on NameFormat attribute
From:       Nate_Klingenstein <ndk () signet ! id>
Date:       2021-02-18 17:12:36

Prasanth,

> Are we able to extract multi value sent by idp for this saml attribute - memberOf  \
> with above SP configuration?

Yes, you should be able to.  The values will all be concatenated by the SP into a \
single string that is ; delimited.  You can change the delimiter if you want.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/XMLAttributeExtractorExamples

> What is the use of attaching <AttributeDecoder xsi:type="StringAttributeDecoder" \
> caseSensitive="false"/> and <AttributeDecoder xsi:type="ScopedAttributeDecoder"/> ?

caseSensitive="false" is used internally by the SP when it's enforcing access control \
rules or policies on its own, such as with the built-in RequestMapper.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/XMLAttributeExtractorExamples

An additional attribute decoder element will generally apply special rules, but the \
StringAttributeDecoder doesn't do much other than allow you to attach flags like \
caseSensitive:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/AttributeDecoder
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/String+AttributeDecoder

The Scoped attribute decoder does a little more.  The most important is that it's \
tied to the attribute filter which checks policy to ensure that the scope of the \
attribute matches a valid scope for the IdP in the IdP's metadata.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/Scoped+AttributeDecoder

> Are we able to extract multi value sent by IdP for this saml attribute - memberOf \
> with above SP configuration without attaching attribute decoder?

Yes, unless the values are scoped and you want to enforce those attribute policies, \
in which case you'll want to use a Scoped decoder.  A String AttributeDecoder is \
defaulted and implicit in an otherwise unqualified extractor.

Best wishes,
Nate.

--------
Signet, Inc.
The Art of Access ®

https://www.signet.id

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \