List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Shibboleth IdP v4.0.1 and too many LDAP connections ESTABLISHED
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2020-11-30 12:58:39

On 11/28/20, 8:11 AM, "users on behalf of Peter Schober" \
<users-bounces@shibboleth.net on behalf of peter.schober@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> Are there good reasons to be re-starting the whole app/context (and
> not reload the individual components that need changing, e.g. the
> resolver or filter config)?

I didn't catch that. That's never going to work. And I'm not surprised it's orphaning \
things. The containers don't clean things up in a way that seems to be reliable (e.g. \
little things like it not even logging the shutdown sequence anymore).

We have never supported hot context reload.

-- Scott

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \