List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Test Accounts (Per -- Local/Internal IdP Login Account)
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2019-07-31 19:52:29

On 7/31/19, 3:27 PM, "users on behalf of NAINI, NIKHIL" <users-bounces@shibboleth.net \
on behalf of NAINI@mailbox.sc.edu> wrote:

> Also, regarding EOL for 3.3.1, would that be true for 3.4.x too as soon as a 3.5.x \
> or a V4 is released?

There won't be a 3.5 but it's always true of minors, and always has been for the life \
of the project. We have never once supported multiple minor branches at the same \
time, not in the SP or IdP.

Major releases have overlapping support lifetimes because there are API changes and \
plugin breakage but that depends greatly on the degree of change and the risk of \
upgrades, and I don't expect future major releases will have long upgrade periods in \
comparison to the past. Months at most and not years.
-- Scott

--
For Consortium Member technical support, see \