List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: IdP 3 return UserId in NameId
From:       jmarsch <marschj () planetmarsch ! com>
Date:       2015-06-30 23:07:49

Hi Scott:

Is this the post you were referring?
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/NameIDGenerationConfiguration

If so, I have tried to follow it, but I must have done something wrong.

Symptom:
There is no NameId node in the SAML XML returned

What I did:
In saml-nameid.properties, uncommented the following lines:

idp.persistentId.generator = shibboleth.ComputedPersistentIdGenerator

idp.persistentId.sourceAttribute = uid
idp.persistentId.salt = IChangedThisToSomethingRandom

(I only changed those lines in saml-nameid.properties -- all else I left
commented)

In saml-nameid.xml, I uncommented this:
        <ref bean="shibboleth.SAML2PersistentGenerator" />

and I commented this:

(leaving it uncommented resulted in a NameId that was still
transient/encrypted)

Where have I gone wrong?