List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Is anyone using the Amazon ElasticLoadBalancer (ELB) ...
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2014-05-21 17:58:25

On 5/21/14, 1:50 PM, "Paul Wilt" <pewilt@gmail.com> wrote:

>Otherwise--I guess I need to use a more complex configuration.  On that
>note--does anyone have a description of what to do when having the load
>balancer to do the SSL-termination?

The wiki discusses it for the cases that are actually broken, mainly IIS,
but the basic answer is that Shibboleth is immaterial; if you don't
configure an Apache web server properly for this case, then your
applications will either break or are broken to start with because they're
not relying on the web server to establish self-referential URLs.

So the answer is, you configure your web server's ServerName and related
virtualization settings properly, and Shibboleth just works, like any
other application should.

Refer to the Apache documentation if you don't know how to virtualize
Apache.

-- Scott