List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    RE: Assigning edupersonaffiliation attribute with AD
From:       "Curry, Warren" <whcurry () ufl ! edu>
Date:       2013-04-30 14:13:21

EduPersonAffiliation should be set based on the person info and their relationship to \
your school.

Here at UF individuals are assigned a more detailed UF affiliation in the Identity \
registry hub that we operate.    Sources of this info are:  Systems of record (HR, \
Hospital Corp HR, Student Records, and Distance Continuing Education), in addition \
other individauls are managed by identity Coordinators in our units and added via \
online interface to the registry.

Once in the registry mapping are automatic from the UF detailed affiliation to the \
Eduperson affiliations.  Individuals can and do have multiple values for the \
EduPersonAffiliation.

See http://identity.it.ufl.edu/identity-coordination/uf-directory-affiliations/  for \
documentation of affiliation at the University of Florida.

The Active Directory and the Shibboleth ARP attribute store (Oracle Database)  are \
populated from the registry via a messaging interface supporting asynchronous \
updates.

Hope this provides food for thought..   !

Good luck

WHC

Warren H. Curry
UFIT - Identity Access Management