List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Metadata error after SP install and configuration
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2013-03-27 15:54:11

On 3/27/13 11:34 AM, "Pax, Christopher" <pax@njit.edu> wrote:

>So, this is a warning included in current versions of shibboleth? do you
>know what version this was implemented?

2.5.1. I added it because nothing I said or did made people stop misusing
the feature.

>Is the metadata still valid?

Valid, yes. Complete, almost certainly not, there are any number of things
it can't include that would go into many federations' metadata these days.
Much of it may not matter at all, but the software can't know that. People
have to make those choices.

>my idp tell me that after im done configuring the SP, I need to give them
>the generated Metadata. But when I did, they said they never seen this
>message before.

What they do with that metadata has an impact on whether the message is
applicable. Using it as input to a process that they manage is very
different than pulling that metadata in real time as a substitute for an
actual relationship management process.

-- Scott