List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Does Shib on IIS "see" every request even if no RequestMapper rule triggers it?
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2013-03-22 15:12:32

On 3/22/13 10:20 AM, "Michael A Grady" <mgrady@unicon.net> wrote:

>Now it turns out that this behavior actually will be the desired
>behavior, and shouldn't have had the requireSession="true config element
>anyways. But I'm still puzzled how it was working before. I thought maybe
>the Path was somehow not matching, so that the Path RequestMap element
>wasn't getting "fired", but that can't be, because requests were still
>getting Shib-supplied Headers added if the user had been directed thru
>the SessionInitiator and already had a Shib session established.
>
>Is there anything else I'm missing about IIS config, or something else I
>should be looking for?

What you're describing isn't what it does, so I can't explain that.
Generally I would start by running native.logger on DEBUG to see the
request mapper logs, and then I'd start looking for anomalies like a load
balancer or some kind of virtualization. And I'd take port and scheme out
of the Host element, unless there's a good reason to have them.

There's also an option at /Shibboleth.sso/Status to add ?target=URL and
have it report back some information about what it thinks it should do
with that resource. I can't remember how much that actually worked though.

-- Scott