List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: openSAML based Service provider
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2011-12-20 17:20:16

On 12/20/11 12:13 PM, "Anand Somani" <meatforums@gmail.com> wrote:

>I agree, I do not want to add yet another one. Are there any suggestions
>on which one of current open source (besides Shibboleth) is decently
>mature/stable?

I think the Spring Security one is probably considered the most promising,
but I imagine that depends on whether one believes all apps should rely on
Spring Security.

I suspect OpenAM might be another candidate perhaps, but likely much
farther from maturity (where by my reckoning anything derived from
commercial code today is substantially immature).

It largely depends on your trust model and need for scaling the system. If
you want to hook up a couple of partners running their own lousy
implementations, so metadata becomes a waste of time, then most
implementations out there would probably get you by.

-- Scott