List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: Shibboleth sp apache config rpm spec issue
From:       "Cantor, Scott E." <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2011-07-29 15:29:47

On 7/29/11 4:07 AM, "Viitanen Viljo" <viljo.v.viitanen@jyu.fi> wrote:

>Put in two files, one with the absolutely mandatory configs and make sure
>you say in big letters in the comments that the file will be overwritten
>in upgrade and the other file is the one you should edit. Leave this
>named as shib.conf
>
>Put the default aliases and the example /secure protection in a
>user-editable config file that's preserved in updates. Put in comments
>that say this is the user-editable file, name it like shib-custom.conf or
>whatever.

That was my initial take. Some have stated that everything in conf.d
should be editable. I also don't particularly share your confidence that
such comments prevent people from ignoring them.

>Also, put the aliased files, logo.jpg and main.css, in a directory that
>does not change on each upgrade.

There aren't any good places for files like that. You see this with other
packages containing HTML content. They all pretty much make up their own
approach for web accessible content.

I think abandoning them is the most likely choice given the actual impact
of doing that.

-- Scott