List:       shibboleth-users
Subject:    Re: [Shib-Users] does Shibboleth support accepting SAML2 Post
From:       "Cantor, Scott E." <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2011-06-29 2:33:04

On 6/28/11 10:20 PM, "xiangdong xu" <xuxian@yahoo.com> wrote:
>My partner site uses SideMinder as IDP and generate SAML 2 post. Is there
>things
>I should be concerned about with the integration btw SideMinder(IDP) with
>Shibboleth(SP)?

I only have experience with sites running SiteMinder as an SP. Most vendor
implementations are lacking in a lot of respects but mostly work for basic
things if you understand SAML well. The specifics are largely dependent on
who's configuring the product. There are pages in the wiki set aside for
interoperation notes. Apart from ADFS, nobody has provided any material on
any other products, so there isn't much I can say.

You should be concerned that the IdP will have to be manually configured
with any change you make, such as keys, locations of endpoints, basically
anything Shibboleth uses metadata for. You'll have to work one on one with
the IdP every time you change something, essentially.

-- Scott