List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    RE: (Re-resend): About Native-Spring DataConnector definition and the version policy
From:       "Rod Widdowson" <rdw () steadingsoftware ! com>
Date:       2016-09-09 15:28:25

> I don't know that I'm against the idea of supporting the <beans> thing
> inline,

Since it took me a bit of time to work out how to do it I decided to capture
this in checked in code.

So I have entered (and then resolved) JSE-18.

Resolving the case involved creating a new class (I decided to call it
"EmbeddedAndSchemaAwareReader" rather than the brain-expanding
"EmbeddedAndSchemaTypeAwareBeanDefinitionDocumentReader") which contains the
5 or so lines needed.

It isn't used right now.  If we decided we wanted to use it we would need to
inject it appropriately (i.e. for those services that we cared for) in
SpringSupport.newContext.

We might want to discuss this again next Friday.

Rod