List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: How to generate event in authn flow to map to SAML status
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2016-05-18 16:02:02

On 5/18/16, 10:56 AM, "dev on behalf of Joey Wang" <dev-bounces@shibboleth.net on \
behalf of carbon_60@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have another question. I found the predefined status code lists in \
> system/conf/utilities.xml. I know it is not a good practice to modify this system \
> configuration file, so if I want to customize the list, do you have a \
> recommendation for which file I should modify?

You are free to modify any user files, they are never overwritten. Files in flows/ \
are generally scoped to the Spring context created by WebFlow when it instantiates \
each flow. Files in conf/ that aren't loaded as resources into specific services (the \
resolver, filter, etc.) are all global in scope so beans defined in them are shared \
across the system.

Personally, I believe locality of reference is paramount in a maintainable system, \
i.e. you should define beans close to where you use them.

-- Scott