List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: SP Startup takes 20+ minutes
From:       Brent Putman <putmanb () georgetown ! edu>
Date:       2016-05-02 13:56:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 5/2/16 9:42 AM, Scott Koranda wrote:
>> I'm aware of the SP issue but not the IdP issue. Can you provide a
>> pointer (or an explanation)?
>>
> I was thinking specifically of
>
> https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/OSJ-160
>
> and the thread
>
> http://marc.info/?l=shibboleth-dev&m=145925735703621&w=2

There were a couple of different issues discussed in that thread.  I
think the IdP Jira issue relevant here is;

https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/OSJ-161

which is the one about initing the metadata resolver from the backup
file from disk, and then scheduling the first real HTTP refresh in the
background thread.