List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: Metadata generation revisited.
From:       Michael A Grady <mgrady () unicon ! net>
Date:       2014-10-23 3:12:47

On Oct 22, 2014, at 9:17 AM, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@OSU.EDU> wrote:

> On 10/22/14, 6:16 AM, "Nate Klingenstein" <ndk@internet2.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think dropping one endpoint really helps because there's so much
> > more than AttributeQueries that have the exact story.
>
> I disagree. Leaving that in causes extra queries. There aren't any others
> that really have that kind of impact. They may not work, and I know ScottK
> and others have suggested leaving artifact out, but I think we'll do a
> slightly better job of fixing that with this release (or a follow-on).

Just so it is easy to turn on the SAML2 Attribute Query handler, it's not needed in \
my experience in metadata. The one case I've encountered where it was required to \
support that is Blackboard's Transact service, which is going to send that SAML2 \
Attribute Query no matter what. But services like that don't take metadata anyways, \
so it doesn't need to be reflected in the metadata.

> -- Scott
>
> --

Michael A. Grady
Senior IAM Consultant, Unicon, Inc.