List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: Default v3 UI appearance ?
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2014-08-28 14:47:40

On 8/28/14, 8:10 AM, "Lukas H=E4mmerle" <lukas.haemmerle@switch.ch> wrote:

>Yes. Having good default templates will on one hand save hundreds of
>hours spent word-wide to create new login pages for each IdP from
>scratch and on the other hand it will improve the quality of those login
>pages where people decide not to invest to much time to adapt it. Both,
>the community and the end users benefit if there are robust and
>well-designed (doesn't have to be fancy) default templates.

I would not characterize the current pages in either version as suitable
for direct use, they're full of placeholders and sample text. I have no
idea how we would determine what's good enough, but I know it couldn't
have any graphics on it because color and logo is always going to be site
specific. That seems like a dealbreaker right out of the gate, so I'm not
sure what we'd accomplish here.

-- Scott

-- =