List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: Authentication Subsystem
From:       "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 () osu ! edu>
Date:       2013-08-16 20:52:45

On 8/16/13 2:18 PM, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

>Your point is also well-taken in that right now that action is where I
>would have the Spring layer loading in the AuthenticationFlowDescriptor
>collection. Since we don't want that to be duplicated across profiles,
>either the action itself might change or perhaps we just rely on
>configuring the collection of flows as a shared bean. Not sure yet.

In fact, I just fixed this by moving the actual creation/attachment of the
AuthenticationContext out of the InitializeAC action.

So the profiles will create/add the context, set properties as desired,
and then the first action in the subflow for authentication will be the
Initialize one that will consolidate configuration of the flow descriptors
and the principal matching rules.

This is really the "normal" case, with the caller of the subflow creating
the context that's the input of the flow and populating it.

-- Scott