List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    Re: [Shib-Dev] Cannot retrieve source code
From:       Brent Putman <putmanb () georgetown ! edu>
Date:       2011-02-17 21:24:57

Yes, it does sound like that issue.  Chrome MacOS does that for me as
well, as where Firefox and Safari do not.  In observing the logs on the
svn server, I can confirm that it is returning a 401 when Chrome
requests the /favicon.ico.  That's expected -  the Subversion DAV module
behaves that way when you request a non-existent path (e.g. /foo), or
for example the root (/).  I'm not aware of any way to make it not do that.

This doesn't seem like a critical issue, since most people aren't
pointing browsers at the svn URL, but rather an svn client.  If you want
a nice web view of the source, I'd suggest using the ViewVC access
mechanism, e.g. http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-idp.