List:       shibboleth-dev
Subject:    [Shib-Dev] java-idp 2.1.5 - Running the test cases
From:       Jan Peter Stotz <jpstotz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2010-02-12 16:31:28

Hi Shibboleth developers.

I have checked out java-idp 2.1.5 [1] for learning how the IDP works in
detail.  As I am not running a Shibboleth infrastructure I thought that
the easiest way would be to run the JUnit test cases. My problem is that
 if I run the test cases via maven some of them fail:
 testFirstAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML2SSOTestCase)
 testArtifactResolution(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1ArtifactResolutionTest)
 testWithoutConfiguration(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1ArtifactResolutionTest)
 testFirstAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.ShibbolethSSOTestCase)
 testSecondAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.ShibbolethSSOTestCase)
 testArtifactResolution(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML2ArtifactResolutionTest)
 testAttributeQuery(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1AttributeQueryTestCase)
 testAuthenticationWithoutConfiguredQuery(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1AttributeQueryTestCase)

If I run e.g. the SAML2SSOTestCase directly via JUnit additionally the
testSecondAuthenticationLeg() test fails, too.

I thought that for releases no test case should fail. Hence what is
wrong with the IdP and/or my configuration?

Jan

[1] https://subversion.switch.ch/svn/shibboleth/java-idp/tags/2.1.5