List:       shadow
Subject:    move lck, commonio, shadowio and pwio to a new static library ?
From:       Valdir Leite <valdirh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-09 18:36:34

Hi all.
This is my first post, so forgive me if this question was already
discussed by here (as there I couldn'tīt find a way to search on
archives).

I'm working on a new PAM module to perform custom authentication based
on specific criteria. The module is OK, but I'm experiencing some
troubles on how to handle passwd and shadow files (I'm working in
Solaris environment).

I have found commonio, shadowio and pwio inside debian package SHADOW
and it was a good start point.

Now, I'm wondering why not move those files (commonio, shadowio, pwio)
to a specific static (of course, for security) library, for instance
"shadowio.a" ?

This way one can easily handle passwd and shadow files, for example to
create a custom "useradd".

Thanks in advance,

Valdir Leite
valdirh@gmail.com