List:       sguil-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sguil-devel] FreeBSD port
From:       Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas ! edu>
Date:       2008-05-14 20:39:04

--On Tuesday, May 13, 2008 08:11:02 -0500 "Dafydd, Sion" <sidafydd@uwic.ac.uk>
wrote:

> but if I put the following in my rc.conf file - which is the equivalent to
> the above line - I get an error:
>
> sancp_agent_enable="YES"
> sancp_agent_conf="/usr/local/etc/sguil-sensor/sancp_agent-ANY_SERVERS.conf"
>
> It seems as if the sancp_agent rc file is not appending the conf variable
> when trying to run sancp_agent.tcl.

Sion, thanks for reporting this.  As a result, I have completely reworked the
startup scripts, both for sensor and server, and have submitted updated patches
for both.

The problem was that I was loading the rc.conf variables *after* they were
being used.  In resolving that (with help from the ports list), I took the
advice of a committer and changed the startup scripts to more correctly use the
rc.subr variables.

You can find the new patches here:
Sensor
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=123612>
Server
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=123613>

The sensor patch adds all the missing startup scripts and deletes the
sensor_agent stuff (that is no longer needed).  The server patch changes the
startup script to conform with the new rc.subr way of doing things and adds the
missing pkg-install and pkg-deinstall scripts.

Hopefully these will resolve all the remaining issues.  If not, let me know.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst