List:       sguil-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sguil-devel] Sguild-0.7.0 patch for correct
From:       Robin Gruyters <r.gruyters () yirdis ! nl>
Date:       2007-10-18 18:44:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 08:31:53AM -0600, Bamm Visscher wrote:
> Okay, I am confused. Your sensor is named "monitor" and it's on the
> net "yardis".   Alerts should show up with the sensor name (monitor)
> associated with them, not with the net name. I think there you have a
> config issue. Is this screen shot w/or w/o your patches applied?

Then I'm confused aswell. I though the idea of each net_name is to distict
each sensor from each other, even when they are running on the same host.
So basically, if understand your explanation, hostname is the sensor name
(same way with 0.6.x), but what is the point of using the net_name?

In my case, I have multiple sensors running on a single host. In this case I
have a sensor called 'yirdis' running host 'monitor'. (For test purposes, I
have only one sensor currently running in our test environment)

The screenshot showing was without the patches that I have created.

So why does Sguil show a new alert coming from a net_name (yirdis), but
when I restart Sguild it shows the sensor name? (or in this case the
hostname, monitor)

Kind regards,
--
Robin Gruyters