List:       sgihelp
Subject:    [sgihelp] Mail reader
From:       John Allan <jallan () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2000-06-29 1:59:47

Well, on the basis of my six day ordeal by fire initiation to Planet
IRIX, I would suggest just asking around for a free old OS 7.5 Classic or
Quadra Mac, buy a $5 network cable, use Eudora lite itself and be
grateful for it. Actually Claris Lite would be less crash prone.

Where are the applications on an SGI anyway?

[ You can tell this is going to be a painful birth, can't you? ]

The truth is I do not know, but would you know if there is an application
that I could route the O2 through a Mac with a modem to reach the
internet with like Vicomsoft's SurfDoubler for Macs and then I would be
happy to be able to use *any* mail client.

I know it may sound daft but I am on no budget right now and cant afford
to by a new seperate mode - or afford the time to work out how to hook it
straight up.

Beginner's mind.

John