List:       sgihelp
Subject:    [sgihelp] autofs problem
From:       Len F. Zaifman leonardz () bioinfo ! sickkids ! on ! ca
Date:       2000-06-12 19:20:28

Right now our auto.home has an entry for every user:

usrid   options         server:/maindir/:usrid

Is there a way of passing the usrid , server and maindir as variables so
that

eg:

var1    options         var2:var3:var1
and have it do the right thing ie:

mount /home/me triggers

me      mysrv:/export/home/:me

and mount /home/you triggers

you     yoursrv:/export/users/:you

I can't see how to do this other as the last line

*       mysrv:/export/home/:&   which means anyone not found will mount
/home/userid
from mysrv:/export/home/userid.

This means I do all exceptions first and the most common server at the
end. Not a good idea for performance, I would think. And It only works
for one server, and one directory on that server.

This is on Irix 6.5.7/6.5.8 both as server and client. With autofs, we
always use localmounts so that home directories are in the same place
everywhere.

Thanks.
["leonardz.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]