List:       sg-dc
Subject:    [sg-dc] Job Posting: Security Analyst
From:       "Bruce O. Benson" <bbenson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-12-03 19:36:59

My company is hiring someone to work alongside me.  If you're
interested in a job in Northern VA, drop me an email directly...

Security Analyst
Herndon, VA

Secured Services, Inc. (NASDAQ OTCBB:  SSVC), a leading single-vendor
provider of end-to-end security solutions, is currently looking for a
Security Analyst to provide professional services to our commercial
and non-commercial customers.  Specific responsibilities will include:

·	Plan and conduct internal and external information security audits
and vulnerability assessments for customers under regulatory control
·	Act as a consultant, advising clients on security related, industry
best practices and regulatory requirements.
·	Design, implement, and support the customers' network security
infrastructure to meet these requirements
·	Review, develop and assess security policies to allow customers to
meet regulatory requirements
·	Build secure networks, including firewalls, NIDS and HIDS, logging,
VPNs and other secure channels
·	Assess existing networks and technology, perform risk assessment,
design/re-design network architecture, or phrase other remediation
·	Provide security awareness training
·	Occasional travel to CONUS destinations (mostly mid-Atlantic)

Qualifications:

·	3 plus years in a Information Security role, with a focus on policy and audit
·	3-5 years of secure network design and administration
·	Expertise with networked authenticating environments, including
Windows NT/AD, Unix/Linux (deb or rpm distros, Sun, AIX, HP), and
other heterogeneous networks including mainframe.
·	An InfoSec certification is preferred in the following order:
CISSP, one of the GIAC family, SSCP, CISA, CISM, CFCE, Security+,
SCNA.  An undergraduate degree and appropriate experience is an
alternative preference.
·	Experience with network security devices and software
·	Strong scripting or coding skills
·	Excellent customer-presentable verbal and written communication skills
·	Although a US Government security clearance is not required to
start, applicants must be eligible to complete a background check and
obtain one.

Enjoy,
Bruce.
--