List:       sg-dc
Subject:    [sg-dc] Working with Keys and Keystore
From:       Steven Hong <shong () ubiqtec ! com>
Date:       2003-01-24 20:17:37

I'm having a tough time working with keys.  My client wants me
to use the RSA private/public key pair that they already have.
It was exported from something I'm not too sure about but
they seem to be in DER format.

My application uses JSSE, and expects the keys to be in the
JKS Keystore.  How do you import private keys into the JKS keystore
using keytool?  It looks like you can only import certificates,
but not the private keys...  I also tried to figure out how to
hack it using openssl, but to no avail.  Anyone done anything like
this?  I need to use existing RSA key pair as if it was generated
inside keystore using keytool.

I've done some google search, but queries like this from sun's forum
seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for you help.

Steven:)

--
Steven Hong

CISSP, RHCE, CCNA, SCNA, SCJP, MCSE, MCSD, MCT