List:       sg-dc
Subject:    [sg-dc] IPTABLES Question....
From:       "Tim Walraven" <twalraven () darkwater ! net>
Date:       2003-01-16 13:16:03

I'm trying to set up a rule to forward all packets from one interface on a
linux box to a second interface on a linux box.  A little more indepth.
I'm trying to take packets off of a GigE fiber-to-copper converter to an
interface without an IP Address (eth0 - This is working fine) and have
them all travel to a second interface without an IP Address (eth1 - This
is not working).  Why you ask? <grin>  I'm mad, mad I tell you!  No,
actually, we have some issues with a SurfControl box trying to take
packets directly from the Fiber-to-copper converter.  We were hoping that
we could use the Linux host as a go between and simply channel packets
through it and see if that somehow corrects the issue.  It's a long shot
in the dark.  Anyway, the rule I set up and please understand I know Jack
about IPTABLES, is as follows:

             iptables -I FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT

Any ideas?

--
Darkwater Consulting, LLC
Tim Walraven, President