List:       serusers
Subject:    [SR-Users] Re: usrloc ka_mode - Flooding OPTIONS at same time?
From:       Ilie Soltanici via sr-users <sr-users () lists ! kamailio ! org>
Date:       2023-12-12 21:01:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

That's a good question. In our scenario, we primarily leverage this option
for monitoring purposes. We measure the round-trip time for each endpoint
and then populating our time series DB with this data and displaying it in
Grafana. We found this method as the most reliable way to obtain accurate
network information for each endpoint. Our support team finds it incredibly
useful and incorporates it into their daily routines.
Although it does add some additional load on our SBC, so far, we haven't
encountered any issues due to this. Furthermore, as part of our horizontal
scaling strategy, in the event that one server becomes overloaded with
traffic, we seamlessly redistribute a subset of customers to another
server. However, we are considering relocating this function away from the
main SBC. As this feature is not very critical I would be more than happy
to move it to a dedicated server with lower priority. I'm curious about
your approach to handling this. How do you guys manage a similar setup, and
what solutions would you recommend to achieve comparable results?

Thank you.