List:       serusers
Subject:    [SR-Users] Evapi Async - suspend transaction for a limited time
From:       Ilie Soltanici via sr-users <sr-users () lists ! kamailio ! org>
Date:       2023-11-29 11:53:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I'm trying to use the evapi_async_relay function from the evapi
module, however,I don't want the transaction to be suspended for more
than 1 second.
For instance, if there's no response from the external application
within this time frame, I want the script to continue and remove that
transaction from memory.
One potential approach I am considering is to add suspended
transactions to a hash table with a timestamp value. Then, using
rtimer module, I could periodically parse this table every second and
process the results, but I'm not sure how efficient is that.

Maybe you know other alternative, more efficient solutions (from a
performance point of view) that could achieve the same goal?
Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.